The Hunter New England Health District has recorded a lower number of cases today, five in the district.
It brings the total to 232 since the start of the outbreak, 105 cases are currently active.
The cases today are from:
- 3 are from Lake Macquarie LGA
– 1 in Cardiff, was infectious in community, linked to a worksite exposure
– 1 in Macquarie Hills, was infectious in community, unlinked, investigations ongoing
– 1 in Toronto, was infectious in community, linked to a positive family member
- 1 is from Port Stephens LGA
– 1 in Nelson Bay, was infectious in community, linked to Shoal Bay cluster
- 1 is from Maitland LGA
– 1 in Chisolm, was infectious in the community, linked to a workplace exposure
- 8 of the total active cases people are currently being cared for in hospital. 1 is in ICU.
- 4 of the cases are linked. All were infectious in the community.
- 439 close contacts are in isolation.