NSW has reached the 80 per cent double dose vaccination target and as of Monday 18th October some freedoms have been unlocked for those who are double dose vaccinated.
The domestic travel is not allowed for anyone from Sydney, the Central Coast, Blue Mountains, Shellharbour or Illawarra.
Rules for when we hit 70 per cent: https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/easing-covid-19-restrictions/70-percent
Rules for when we hit 80 per cent: https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/easing-covid-19-restrictions/80-percent
Rules from December 1st: https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/easing-covid-19-restrictions/opening-in-dec
Latest exposure sites from Hunter New England Health as of 6am 20th October 2021:
Anyone who attended the following venues on the specified dates and times are considered casual contacts and must get tested and isolate until receiving a negative result or further advice from NSW Health:
- Pearl Nails, Westfield Shopping Centre Kotara (Level 2, Cnr Park Avenue & Northcott Drive, Kotara) Wednesday 13 October from 4.50pm to 5.30pm
- Chemistworks Glendale, Shop 22 Stockland Shopping Centre, 387 Lake Road Glendale Monday 11 October from 9.35pm to 10pm
- Cessnock Court House, 223 Maitland Rd, Cessnock Wednesday 13 October from 10am to 10.50am
- Kmart East Maitland, Stockland Greenhills Shopping Centre, 1 Molly Morgan Drive Wednesday 13 October from 12.30pm to 1.35pm (this exposure was previously listed incorrectly on the NSW Health website as the Stockland Greenhills Centre)
- Singleton Gym & Swim (Gym weights floor only), 14-16 Civic Avenue, Singleton
– Wednesday 13 October from 6.15pm to 7.35pm
– Thursday 14 October from 5.20pm to 6.45pm
- New World Tobacconist, Shop 2, 380 High Street, Maitland Monday 11 October from 7am to 1pm
- Honeysuckle Social, 11 Honeysuckle Drive, Newcastle Wednesday 13 October from 6pm to 8pm
Bellbird Hotel, 388 Wollombi Road, Bellbird Wednesday 13 October from 3.25pm to 4.30pm
Hunter Valley Motor Sports, New England Highway, Rutherford Wednesday 13 October from 9.45am-10.10am
Beaumont Tiles, 64 Shipley Drive, Rutherford Monday 11 October from 7.30am-5pm
- Shortland Hotel, 269 Sandgate Road, Shortland Monday 11 October from 6.55pm to 7.50pm
- The Regal Inn, 33 Metford Road, Tenambit Tuesday 12 October from 4.45pm to 6pm
Douglas Hanly Moir Pathology 134 Lawes Street, East Maitland Saturday 9 October from 9.30am – 9.50am
Hawks Nest Golf Club, 1 Sanderling Avenue, Hawks Nest Wednesday 13 October from 5.15pm-7.45pm
BP Service Station, 103 Newcastle Road, Wallsend Tuesday 12 October from 6am-2pm and Wednesday 13 October from 11am-4pm
- Whizzer’s Hairdressing For Men, 23 West Mall Rutherford Wednesday 13 October from 5.30am – 5.50am
- Priceline Pharmacy, 178 Lang Street Kurri Kurri Friday 8 October from 9.10am and 9.20am
- Charlestown Square Medical Centre 30 Pearson Street Charlestown Monday 11 October from 9.30am and 10.15am
- Laverty Pathology, 275 Vincent Street Cessnock Monday 11 October from 9.45am – 10am
- Hotel Jesmond, Corner of Newcastle Road and Blue Gum Road, Jesmond Tuesday 12 October from 7.20pm – 8:45pm
- Cessnock Courthouse (indoor public waiting areas) Maitland Road, Cessnock Wednesday 6 October from 11.30am – 3.15pm
- Newcastle Obstetrics Specialist Ultrasound, Newcastle Private Hospital, Suite 2.8 Level 2 Lookout Road New Lambton Heights Monday 11 October from 9.20am – 10am
- The Chemist Cessnock, 52a Vincent Street Cessnock Tuesday 5 October from 8.30am – 8.40am
- PETQuarters, 58 Shipley Drive Rutherford Saturday 9 October from 3pm – 3.15pm
- Laverty Pathology, 55 Nelson Street Wallsend Friday 8 October from 9.40am – 10am
- Raymond Terrace Respiratory Clinic, 4 Jacaranda Avenue Raymond Terrace Tuesday 5 October from 6.55pm – 7.30pm
- Fantastic Furniture, 343 New England Highway, Rutherford Monday 11 October from 10.05am – 10.30am
- Singleton Gym and Swim – 25m indoor pool and adjoining amenities, 14-16 Civic Ave, Singleton Friday 1 October and Tuesday 5 October from 5am to 6.20am both days
- Windale Community Medical Centre, 33 Lake Street, Windale
– Wednesday 29 September from 11.55am to 12.45pm
– Thursday 30 September from 3.35pm to 4.10pm
– Wednesday 6 October from 2.05pm to 2.30pm
- Kurri Kurri Local Court, Corner of Victoria and Lang St, Kurri Kurri Tuesday 5 October from 9.20am to 10am
- Medowie Medical Centre, 6a Waropara Rd, Medowie Thursday 7 October from 2.35pm to 3.10pm
- Marli Accommodation Services (Currency Lass Accommodation), 359-363 High St, Maitland From Tuesday 5 October – Saturday 9 October inclusive
Subway (393 Macquarie Rd, Warners Bay) – Tuesday 5 October from 9am-2pm
Albion Hotel, Singleton– Friday 1 October from 12pm – 7.25pm– Saturday 2 October from 1.55pm – 3.20pm– Sunday 3 October from 1pm – 2.40pm– Monday 4 October from 10am – 10pm
Paterson Medical Practice, 16 King Street Paterson Thursday 30 September from 11am -11.20am
- Flight VA1593 (Virgin) on Wednesday 6 October Melbourne (departed at 12.56pm) to Newcastle (arrival at 2.19pm)
Anyone who attended the following venue on the specified date and time are casual contacts (unless they have been notified by NSW Health that they are a close contact) and must get tested and isolate until a negative test result is received.
- Mount Hutton Medical Practice (46 Wilsons Rd, Mount Hutton) Friday 1 October from 2.35pm to 3.05pm
- The Royal Spoon, Lorn on Thursday 30 September from 4pm – 8:30pm
- Horse and Jockey Hotel, Singleton
– 4:30pm to 5:30pm on Tuesday 28 September 2021
– 4:30pm to 5:30pm on Wednesday 29 September 2021
– 4:30pm to 7:30pm on Thursday 30 September 2021
– 9:25am to 2:30pm on Friday 1 October 2021
– 10:30am to 2:30pm on Saturday 2 October 2021
– 10:30am to 2:30pm on Sunday 3 October 2021
– 10:30am to 2:30pm on Monday 4 October 2021
– 12pm (noon) to 2pm on Wednesday 6 October 2021
- H Boutique Hotel, 220 McDonalds Road Pokolbin
– 2pm to 11:59pm on Wednesday 22 September 2021
– All day on Thursday 23 September 2021
– All day on Friday 24 September 2021
– All day on Saturday 25 September 2021
– All day on Sunday 26 September 2021
– All day on Monday 27 September 2021
– All day on Tuesday 28 September 2021
– All day on Wednesday 29 September 2021
– All day on Thursday 30 September 2021
– 12am (midnight) to 11am on Friday 1 October 2021
Belmont Palms Motel, Marks Point– Monday 27 September from 2pm – 11:59pm– Tuesday 28 September – all day– Wednesday 29 September – all day– Thursday 30 September – all day– Friday 1 October 2021 – all day– Saturday 2 October from 12am – 10am
- ALDI Cessnock, on Saturday 2 October from 7:20pm to 7:40pm.
Providence Medical (Vaccination Clinic), Thornton Thursday 30 September from 3:30pm-3:50pm
Simply Pharmacy, Wallsend Tuesday 28 September from 12:45pm – 1:35pm and Wednesday 29 September from 3:15pm – 3:50pm
Service NSW, Warners Bay Tuesday 28 September from 2:10pm – 2:40pm and Wednesday 29 September from 2:55pm-4:40pm
Cumberland Motor Inn, Cessnock– Friday 1 October – all day– Sunday 3 October – all day– Monday 4 October – all day– Tuesday 5 October – all day
- Tea Gardens Hotel, Marina Drive, Friday 1 October from 10:40am – 11:45am
- Subway, Cessnock Centre Tuesday, 28 September from 4:15pm – 8:30pm
- Albion Hotel, Singleton Friday 1 October from 3:35pm – 7:25pm and Saturday 2 October from 1:55pm – 3:20pm
- Club House Hotel, Singleton Sunday 3 October from 1:30pm – 3:35pm
- Branxton Fish & Chippery, Branxton Monday 27 September from 1:45pm – 2:20pm
- Abermain Pharmacy, 193 Cessnock Road, on Wednesday 29 September from 11am to 11:30am
- 7-Eleven Cessnock, 210-214 Wollombi Road, Tuesday 28 September from 12pm to 1pm and 3pm to 4pm, and Thursday 30 September from 11am to 11:20am, 11:30 to 12pm and 3pm to 4pm
- Apple Charlestown, 30 Pearson Street, on Wednesday 22 September 11:20am to 11:45am
- Coles Kurri Kurri, Lang Street, on Sunday 26 September from 3:45pm to 4:50pm
- Coles Morrisset, Square Shopping Centre, on Sunday 26 September from 1:33pm – 2:19pm and 3:40pm – 4:45pm, and Monday 27 September from 1:29pm to 2:15pm
- Coles Mount Hutton on Sunday 26 September from 12pm – 1:05pm
- Fast n Fresh BP Nulkaba, 247 Wine Country Drive, on Thursday 30 September from 11am – 2pm and Friday 1 October from 11am – 2pm
- McDonalds Muswellbrook, Maitland Street Wednesday 29 September from 1pm – 1:20pm
- NSW Health Vaccination Centre Belmont Tuesday 28 September from 12:15pm – 1:15pm and Thursday 30 September from 9am – 10:30am
- Hunter Imaging Group East Maitland Monday 27 September from 8:55am – 9:15am
- Broadmeadow Medical Centre Monday 27 September from 8am – 8:50am
- Cervoz Cafe, Singleton Saturday 25 September from 9am – 11:15am
- Gloria Jeans, Waratah Monday 27 September from 6:30am – 11am and Tuesday 28 September from 10am – 2:30pm
- Commonwealth Bank – 594 Pacific Highway, Belmont 27 September from 9:30am – 10:30am
- Elder Street Practice, 92 Elder Street, Lambton Tuesday 28 September from 3:20pm – 4:15pm
- Greater Bank, Beresfield Friday 24 September from 10:25am – 10:50am
- Laverty Pathology, East Maitland on Saturday 25 September from 10.30am to 11.30am
- IGA Liquor, Gloucester on Thursday 23 September from 5pm to 5.15pm
- Round About Inn, Gloucester on Wednesday 22 September from 11.30am to 2.30pm and 5.30pm to 8.30pm and Thursday 23 September from 11.30am to 2.30pm and 5.30pm to 8.30pm
- Australian Skin Cancer Clinics, Charlestown on Monday 27 September from 9.30am to 10.15am
Anyone who attended the following venues on the specified dates and times are considered close contacts and must get tested and isolate for 14 days, or await further advice from NSW Health:
Oasis Village Kebab Shop, Hamilton on Friday September 10 from 7.05pm to 7.25pm (This venue was previously listed a casual contact venue)
Where to Get Tested:
- Belmont Hospital Drive-through Clinic – 16 Croudace Bay Road, Belmont – Open every day 8am – 4pm – Appointment required.
- Broadmeadow Laverty Pathology Drive-through Clinic – 294 Turton Road, Mcdonald Jones Stadium Carpark, Broadmeadow – 7am-6pm Mon-Fri, 7am-4pm Sat-Sun – NOTE: Hours subject to change depending on demand – no appointment required.
- Cessnock Hospital Drive-through Clinic – 24 View Street, Cessnock – 8am – 4:30pm Mon-Fri, 8am-12pm Sat-Sun – Appointment required.
- Dungog Bowling Club Drive-through Clinic – Bowling Club car park, 105 Abelard Street, Dungog – Open every day 8am-6pm – No appointment required.
- East Maitland 4Cute Pathology Drive-through Clinic – Brisbane Street, Stockdale Hill Carpark, East Maitland – 7:30am – 3:45pm Mon-Fri, 7:30am – 3pm Sat, 8am – 1pm Sun – No Appointment required.
- Gateshead Laverty Pathology Drive-through Clinic – Pacific Highway (Entry via Willow Road), Harold Knight Oval, Gateshead – 7:30 – 6pm Mon-Fri, 7:30am – 3pm Sat-Sun – No Appointment required.
- Honeysuckle Histopath Pathology Drive-through Clinic – Carpark at 42 Honeysuckle Drive, Newcastle – Open every day 8am – 6pm – No appointment required.
- Morisset Douglass Hanly Moir Drive-through Clinic – 40 Ourimbah Street, Morisset – 8am – 4pm Mon-Fri, Closed Saturday, 8am – 3pm Sunday – No Appointment required.
- Nelson Bay Laverty Pathology Drive-through Clinic – 20 Aquatic Close, Nelson Bay – 7:30am – 4pm Mon-Fri, 7:30 – 3pm Saturday, Closed Sunday – No Appointment required.
- Raymond Terrace Histopath Pathology Drive-through Clinic – Lakeside Sports Complex, 13 Leisure Way, Raymond Terrace – Open every day 8am-6pm – No Appointment required.
- Raymond Terrace Respiratory Clinic – 4 Jacaranda Avenue, Raymond Terrace – 9am – 5pm Mon-Thu, 8am – 5pm Fri, Closed Weekends – Appointment required.
- Singleton Hospital Drive-through Clinic – Dangar Road, Singleton – 1:20pm – 3:20pm Mon-Fri, Closed Weekends – Appointment required.
- South Maitland Laverty Pathology Drive-through Clinic – Maitland Showground, Blomfield Street, South Maitland – 7:30am – 5pm Mon-Fri, 7:30am – 3pm Sat-Sun – No Appointment required.
- Speers Point Park Drive-through Clinic – Western car park, entry via Creek Reserve Road, Speers Point – 8am – 4pm Mon-Sat – No appointment required
- Telarah Histopath Pathology Drive-through Clinic – 84 Green Street, Telarah – Open every day 8am-6pm – No appointment required.
- University of Newcastle Drive-through Clinic – University Drive, ICT car park, Callaghan – Open every day 7:30am – 5pm – No appointment required.
- Wallsend 4Cyte Pathology Drive-through Clinic – 173 Nelson Street, Wallsend – 9am – 5pm Mon-Fri, 9am – 11:30am Sat, Closed Sunday – Appointment required but no referral required.
- Warners Bay 4Cyte Pathology Drive-through Clinic – 290 Hillsborough Road, Warners Bay – 8am – 4pm Mon-Sat, Closed Sunday – No appointment required.
Full details of all testing sites can be found here.
For the very latest information on Covid 19 in New South Wales .. click here
More on COVID-19…
Here is some information on the Covid-19 Pandemic that we feel you need to know and may be useful.
WHAT IS IT
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a new virus. The disease causes respiratory illness (like the flu) with symptoms such as a cough, fever, and in more severe cases, difficulty breathing.
- Wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds, with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub
- Cover your nose and mouth with a disposable tissue or flexed elbow when you cough or sneeze
- Avoid close contact (1 meter or 3 feet) with people who are unwell
- Stay home and self-isolate from others in the household if you feel unwell
- Touch your eyes, nose, or mouth if your hands are not clean
The Coronavirus pandemic has profoundly disrupted the ways in which we live and work. Many of us are feeling understandably stressed, frightened, and confused. Feelings of worry and unease can be expected during a stressful event, but it’s important to manage our stress before it turns into more severe anxiety or panic. It’s times like this we all need to look after each other and help those struggling on their own.
Don’t feel ashamed to talk to a professional, here are a few services to consider:
- Lifeline on 13 11 14
- Kids Helpline on 1800 551 800
- MensLine Australia on 1300 789 978
- Suicide Call Back Service on 1300 659 467
- Beyond Blue on 1300 224 636
- Headspace on 1800 650 890
- ReachOut at reachout.com
- Care Leavers Australasia Network (CLAN) on 1800 008 774
If you have lost your job or have a business and would like to know more about how the Australian Government could assist you please click here