A number of Hunter hoteliers are doing their bit to help out drought-affected farmers, having raised thousands of dollars in donations.
In just over a week, they raised a total of $140,000 as part of the Australian Hotels Association’s Fork to Farm appeal.
They’re now handing that sum over to the farming charity Rural Aid.
Some hotels donated more than $5,000 each.
While the Bull n Bush Hotel at Medowie raised close to $70,000 as part of a Bale Out the Drought event.
Some hotels are still running fund-raisers including:
* Bay Hotel Motel, Bonnells Bay
* Customs House, Newcastle
* Bushrangers Bar and Brasserie, Largs
* Ellalong Hotel, Ellalong
* Gunyah Hote, Belmont
* Honeysuckle Hotel, Newcastle
* Iron Horse Hotel, Cardiff
* Mattara Hotel, Charlestown
* Royal Federal Hotel, Branxton
* The George Tavern, Green Hills
Across the state, NSW hoteliers have now collected over $250, 000 for the farming community.
Image: By Harry Rose from South West Rocks, Australia, via Wikimedia Commons